Dr. Keshar Prasain completed his master’s degree in Chemistry from Tribhuvan University, Nepal in 2001. Dr. Prasain then joined Kantipur Engineering College as a Lecturer from June 25, 2001 and then was assigned the responsibility of Deputy Head of Science and Humanities in May 21, 2002. In September 17, 2006 He was promoted to Senior Lecturer. In 2007, Dr. Prasain got an opportunity to pursue his PhD degree in Kansas State University, USA and graduated in 2013. From October 2013 Dr. Prasain has rejoined KEC in the capacity of Vice Principal of the college.
- Best Teacher Award 2002/2003 at Kantipur Engineering College, Nepal.
- Best Classroom Award 2009 at Kansas State University, USA.
- Graduate Student Summer Stipend 2010 from Johnson Center for Basic Cancer Research, Kansas State University, USA.
- Best Research Award 2011, Department of Chemistry, Kansas State University, USA.
- Nepay Bidyabhusan Padak “Ka”, President of Nepal.
I teach following course:
- Life Member, Nepal Chemical Society
Research interests :
- Biodegradable Polymers
- Protein Kinase C
- Anticancer Drugs
- Laccase Inhibitors
- Anti Viral Drugs
- Organic Synthesis
- Brian Heiniger, Gunjan Garkar, Keshar Prasain, Duy H. Hua, and Thu A. Nguyen. Second-generation substituted quinolines. Anticancer Research 2010; 30: 3927-3932.
- Keshar Prasain, Thi D. T. Nguyen, Maureen J. Gorman, Lydia M. Barrigan, Zeyu Peng, Michael R.
Kanost, Lateef U. Syed, Jun Li, Kun Yan Zhu, and Duy H. Hua. Redox potentials, laccase oxidation, and
antilarval activities of substituted phenols. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry 2012; 20: 1679-1689.
- Yunjeong Kim, David George, Allan M. Prior, Keshar Prasain, Shuanghong Hao, Duy D. Le, Duy H. Hua, and Kyeong-Ok Chang. Novel triacsin C analogs as potential antivirals against rotavirus infections.
European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry 2012; 50: 311-318.
- Ying Ding, Keshar Prasain, Thi D. T. Nguyen, Duy H. Hua, and Thu Annelisa Nguyen. The effect of the PQ1 anti-breast cancer agent on normal tissues. Anti-Cancer Drugs 2012; 23: 897–905.
- Stephanie N Shishido, Keshar Prasain, Amanda Beck, Thi D. T. Nguyen, Duy H Hua and Thu A.
Nguyen. Bioavailability and efficacy of a gap junction enhancer (PQ7) in a mouse mammary tumor model. PLOS ONE 2013.
- Eugenia Trushina, Paras Minhas, Matthew Pinto, Izumi Maezawa, Joseph Poduslo, Lee-Way Jin, Keshar Prasain, Thi Nguyen, and Duy H. Hua. Modulation of mitrochondrial complex I activity averts cognitative decline in mutiple animal models of familial Alzheimer’s Disease. EBioMedicine 2015.
- Book Chapter: Keshar Prasain and Duy H. Hua. Design, synthesis, property, and application of plant oil polymers. Renewable Polymers: Synthesis, processing, and technology 2011; 23- 67. Editor: Vikas Mittal. Scrivener and Wiley Publishing.