Students willing to join KEC must pass the entrance examination conducted by Institute of Engineering (IOE), Tribhuvan University. Admission for Bachelor’s Programs in engineering normally opens in the month of August. IOE conducts computer based entrance test in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English and Engineering Aptitude. All questions are of objectives type and the time duration of the test is two hours in one seating.
After passing the entrance text, students need to apply for admission at KEC. The application forms are available online or can be obtained from the admission office at KEC. KEC then selects students based on the merit list of the entrance test conducted by IOE. International students do not have to appear in the entrance test; a special entrance committee selects them for admission.
Students must attend ‘Students Orientation Programme’ with their parents or guardians before the regular classes. The date of the Orientation Programme will be announced during the admission.
Total Enrollment Capacity
|Electronics & Communication||80||8|
Students with 10+2 in Science or equivalent (Physical group or Biological group with extra Mathematics) or Diploma in Engineering and scoring at least 45% in the respective examinations are eligible to apply for the entrance test conducted by the Institute of Engineering (IOE).
Required Documents for Admission
- Complete admission form.
- Photographs (two recent passport-sized).
- Photocopies of Mark-sheet and Character Certificate of SLC or equivalent.
- Photocopies of Transcript and Character Certificate of 10+2 or equivalent.
- Photocopies of Extra Math Transcript (only for Biological group students).
- Photocopy of citizenship.
- Score Card of IOE Entrance Test (Colour Print and one copy).
For Bank Deposit
- Bank Of Kathmandu Lumbini Ltd. A/C No: 470000022039
- NIC Asia Bank Ltd. A/C N0: 3040091924524001
- Account Holders Name : Kantipur Engineering College
- Branch: Kamaladi
- Deposited By: Student Name, Program, IOE Rank